Joe Allen is a Welsh professional footballer. He currently plays as a midfielder for EFL Championship club Swansea City. In his international career, Allen has represented the Wales national team since 2009. He also represented Wales U17, U-19, and U-21 from 2005 to 2011. He also represented Team Great Britain in the 2012 London Olympics.
Allen began his career at Swansea City, making his first-team debut in January 2007 at age 16. He played in 150 matches across all competitions in six years at the Liberty Stadium, also having a loan at Wrexham In November 2022, the Wales National team head coach Robert John Page included Allen in the Wales World Cup-2022 squad.
Where is Joe Allen from?
Joe Allen was born on 14th March 1990 in Carmarthen, the county town of Carmarthenshire, a community in Wales. His birth name is Joseph Michael Allen. He holds a Welsh nationality and belongs to the white caucasian ethnicity. His star sign is Pisces. He is a follower of Christianity.
Sargent was born into a well-to-do family. His father, Steve, is a dentist while his mother, Jane, is a nurse. He grew up with three siblings; Kate, Harry, and Amy in Narberth, a town in Pembrokeshire, Western part of Wales. He attended the ‘Narberth Primary School’ and ‘Ysgol y Preseli’, a bilingual school in Pembrokeshire.
Joe Allen Club career
- Allen started his early football career by joining the local team Tenby in 1997 at the age of ten.
- In 2000, he joined the youth academy of Swansea City.
- At the age of 16, he was promoted to Swansea’s senior team and made his debut in the FAW Premier Cup away tie to local Welsh Premier League side Port Talbot Town in 2007.
- In the 2010–11 season, He played 40 league matches and scored twice over the Championship campaign.
- In 2012, Allen signed a long-term contract with Liverpool in a transfer deal worth £15 million.
- Allen made his Premier League debut on 18 August 2012.
- Allen scored his first goal for Liverpool on 27 January 2013 in a 3–2 defeat to Oldham Athletic in the fourth round of the FA Cup.
- In the 2014–15 season, Allen made 32 appearances as the side finished in the sixth position.
- On 25th July 2016, Allen was transferred to Stoke City on a five-year contract for a reported £13 million transfer fee.
- Allen played 38 times in 2017–18, scoring four goals as Stoke suffered relegation to the Championship.
- In June 2018, Allen signed a new four-year contract with Stoke City.
- Following the expiration of his contract with Stole City, he joined his former club Swansea City, signing a two-year contract on 8th July 2022.
Joe Allen International career
- Allen received his first called-up for the Wales under-21 team in a friendly match against Sweden.
- He made his debut for the senior Wales team during a friendly match against Estonia in May 2009.
- On 4th June 2014, he captained the Wales national team against the Netherlands.
- He was the key player behind the Wales national team in Euro 2016.
- In May 2021 he was selected for the Wales squad for the delayed UEFA Euro 2020 tournament.
- In November 2022 he was selected as part of the Wales national team to play in the 2022 Qatar world cup.
Awards and Achievements
- Football League Championship play-offs: 2011
- UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2015–16
- Football League Cup runner-up: 2015–16
Wales National Team
- Welsh Footballer of the Year: 2012
- Euro 2016 team of the Tournament
- Transferred to Liverpool from Swansea City for a reported fee of £15 million in 2012.
- In July 2016, he signed for Stoke City for a £13 million transfer fee.
Who is Joe Allen married to?
Joe Allen has been married to his beautiful wife Lacey-Jo. By profession, Lacey is an Animal caretaker who is mostly known for her involvement in animal welfare in Wales. The love birds started dating in 2007 when Allen was playing for Swansea City. After seven years of dating, Joe and Lacey tied the knot in June 2014, just days after Joe played for Wales against the Netherlands. The couple is still going strong and has one son together, Alfie, who was born in 2012 two years before their wedding.
What is Joe Allen’s net worth?
As of November 2022, the net worth of Joe Allen is estimated to be £10 million. Currently, playing as a midfielder for Stoke City F.C., Joe Allen earns £50,000 per week, and £2,600,000 annually. His current market value is €1 million. He is among the highest-earning football payers and athletes in Wales. He owns an expensive mansion in Cardiff City. Land Rover, Ford Fiesta, and Volkswagen are among his car collections.
How tall is Joe Allen?
Joe Allen is 5 ft 7 inches tall and his body weight is around 66 Kg. He has an Athletic build body. As a football player, he regularly does workouts and gym exercises to keep himself fit and active. He has a curly hairstyle that is dark brown in color. His eyes color are brown.
He always does heavy exercise which includes weight lifting, push-ups, Single-leg squats, Dumbbell bench step-ups, and others. He arrives every morning at the Stoke City FC football training center for warm-ups and training.
Leave a Reply